Saturday, June 23, 2007

Busy Men & Communication

Giving credit where credit is due, I'm very impressed with our former Primate, Archbishop Andrew Hutchinson and with Dr. George Lundberg, Editor of MedGenMed, for their commitment to two-way discussion of issues that need raising. Wanting to watch the General Synod proceedings, I went to http://www.anglican.ca/ and during the periods when nothing was being transmitted, I clicked on the link to Conversations with the Primate. Imagine my surprise to discover the communication problem was totally mine - the Primate had been creating podcasts and asking for feedback for 3 years. I hadn't linked into it but I'm quickly catching up as I don't know where that information will go when the new Primate-elect Bishop Fred Hiltz put his own information on the Primate's page.

Dr. George D. Lundberg recently did an editorial podcast on doctors being poor funeral attenders and whether or not that hurts the profession. We passed a couple of emails back and forth which impressed me enough to do a google search and a search on http://www.medscape.com . I came up with 561 editorials which ended with "Readers are encouraged to respond to George Lundberg, M.D." This man is not a person to avoid contraversy and he has the scars to prove it. In a profession with so much memorization, it's wonderful to have a person throw out an unanticipated idea to get people out of autopilot and thinking for themselves.

No comments: