Monday, June 4, 2007

100 Mile Diet & 10,000 Steps

Resources at your local library (I'm sure it's happening all over, I just happen to be in Chatham-Kent_
Chatham-Kent has published a map of local producers to make it simpler for people to buy their food directly from the growers. It's titled "Buy Local, Buy Fresh". Reasons to Eat Locally: http://100milediet.org/why-eat-local/
There's also a program where you can pick up a booklet and pedometer to track the number of steps you take. That's called "Start Walking Chatham-Kent "94 Days of Summer" Walking Campaign. Here's a site to help you get to your 10,000 steps a day. http://www.thewalkingsite.com/10000steps.html Personally I seem to have quite a bit of trouble getting a pedometer to work properly probably because of my rollie abdomen. At the moment I've attached it to a lightweight ladies' style carpenter's apron and am experimenting with the best placement to actually get the thing to record all the steps. I got nowhere attaching it to the elastic waistband of my jeans and workout pants. Actually it's a good question to post on Sparkpeople. Will let you know if they have a better solution.
There's also a map of local gardens, nurseries and garden wares called "Garden Routes of Canada South, Essex & Chatham-Kent Counties".

No comments: