Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Australian Auctions Life

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/17/webay117.xml
If you wanted to start a new life would you go to ebay and auction off everything and walk away clean? Would you consider buying all of someone's stuff? Actually there was a time when Bishops expected those in northern ministry to do just that. It solves the whole moving expense problem. My wedding was extremely small - just immediate family on both sides. Not a lot of wedding presents but I didn't get to keep them long. I left my wedding present from my parents and my brother behind when we went to the Yukon and I lost the rest of the gifts in the trailor spill on the way back to Ontario. Every move is a mini death of a lifestyle you've grown to love and every move is an exciting adventure full of new possibilities. Traditionally clergy were expected to move 5 times during the course of their career. It's a good thing.

No comments: