Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Dress

On Friday, we went shopping for my mother-of-the-groom dress.
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2982&prodgroup=110
Style: F12667
This is it (click the last colour square as the colour is marine) I added a teeny sheer jacket which basically gives me sheer sleeves. Because feet don't show, Danielle suggested getting ballerina slippers which is a blessing as it's been at least 20 something years since I last put on a pair of heels. So imagine me dancing in the above dress to this music http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8f9LqNSzUw Boyz II Men, Song for Mama.
I'm going to buy a copy of Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah and watch it a lot because the dress demands a much larger personality than comes naturally to me. If Danielle hadn't found this dress, I probably would have been all practical and purchased something navy that would have worked for all occasions - something safe and wallflowerish.
Everyone expects that children will a gift that dramatically transforms one's life. Who knew that twenty-something years later, acquiring children-in-law would open up whole new worlds.

No comments: