Monday, January 14, 2008

Still in Nova Scotia

I've moved from military housing to my son's apartment where I have computer access. I'm spending from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. at the hospital with my son who went into hospital on January 2nd. He's doing much better but still has chest tubes and the decision hasn't been made yet as to whether or not he'll need surgery or if the antibiotics will be enough to clear up his penumonia. The weather was beautiful - springlike - for the entire first week and now we're back into winter. Too bad I didn't venture out of the hospital except to do David's banking. I should have at least bought some snow boots (no idea where mine are as I wear them so seldomly - maybe forgot them in the Bruce) and a loaf of bread. Our home bathroom scales are so inaccurate that it's hard to figure out but I think I'm losing 1/2 a pound a day here which can only be a good thing after the Christmas chocolate binging. If I stay long enough, I may conquer the mindless eating habit.

No comments: