I've been tagged by Russel Montgomery
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was named after a poem called “What Shall We Name the Baby?”
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? My toughest lesson and the cause of the greatest number of tears was the lesson Dr. Biden is learning. Nobody care who you were once you become the wife of someone in a world that has protocol.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It’s horrible (my lowest elementary school marks were in art & penmenship) – that’s why I take calligraphy classes.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Leftover supper turned into a stir fry. We stopped buying deli meats.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Son 27, son 25, daughter 23, son 22.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I’m not a gal pal – more someone you go to when life hurts.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? No. But I regret freaking out whenever my family did stuff that I thought I’d be judged over. If my kids were in a scrape, I’d always go with them to work out a solution but I really, really hated it when they’d upset someone and then run behind me for protection. For example, the enraged drunk with a hangover who chased the kids home for playing games with his doorbell.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes. My mum was the type who would shed a superfluous body part for a week’s vacation in the hospital. I never put my kids through that.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never. I’m not convinced that injuries ever really heal. I think they’ll resurface as the body ages and weakens.
10. NAKED? Some women age like the Dove girls – and others of us don’t.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oatmeal. Most natural foods can be divided into 2 categories – things that can be added to soup and things that can be added to oatmeal. I make the best oatmeal – nuts, seeds, fruits, spices
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. Black running shoes outside/neon orange dollar store imitation crocs inside.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Whatever I’ve never tried before. I like picking a fruit and having it put through a frozen yoghurt machine.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I like natural faces. Media type perfect faces in the real world look like masks to me.
15. RED OR PINK... Pink. I’d love it to be red but I can’t carry it off – instead of looking passionate, I look faded. I look best in baby pastels - My husband thinks I am Merryweather in Sleeping Beauty.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I never act spontaneously without counting the cost in advance.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Surprisingly my grandfather. When they married my grandfather was 19 and my grandmother was a 27 year old teacher. After I was 55, I realized that he was silently protecting me when I thought he was just passing time swinging the scythe cutting weeds.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Sure
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black with my florescent orange made in Pakistan crocs
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Blues http://rubyslife.ruby-red.com/
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Best friends (formerly called orchid)
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Coffee to stimulate and Lavender to relax. My favourite cologne – vanilla.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My oldest son – the naval communicator.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I chose my facebook friends because I found them interesting